Monday 9 July 2018

WINTER LEARNING JOURNEY FOR ROOM 5

          

WELCOME TO THE WINTER LEARNING JOURNEY FOR JULY HOLIDAYS 2018


As you can see from the 3 headings above, there are 3 themes for our Winter Learning Journey.

Each day you will be given 1 activity for each theme so 3 activities per day.

You have the whole week up until Sunday to complete the activities.

Day 1 - Monday 9th July 2018

Activity 1 - READ TO SUCCEED - Join a library and get reading!

LEARN 

1. Go to your local library, join up and get a library card.
2. Take out 1 of your favourite books (it must be a chapter book).

CREATE

1. Take a photo of your library card.
2. Take a photo of your book AND read your book. (You have the week to read and finish your book)

SHARE

1. Blog the image of your library card - BE CYBERSMART AND MAKE SURE YOUR LAST NAME IS NOT SHOWING.
2. Blog the image of your library book and then fill in this summary.
Blog the completed summary with the image of your book.

Activity 2 - WRITE TO EXCITE - Weather Haiku

LEARN 

1. Go to Google Classroom and fill in the All about weather worksheet. This will give you the adjectives you need to write your Haiku poem.

CREATE

1. Use the adjectives you found about the weather and write your Haiku poem. Take photos of the weather from your window or the front door of your house to go with your Haiku poem.

SHARE

1. Blog your Haiku poem. 

Activity 3 - ACT LIKE A SCIENTIST - Making Ice cream

LEARN 

1. Go to Google Classroom and follow the instructions on how to make ice cream. You are learning about reactions between substances to change matter.
Make sure you answer the green light bulb questions along the way.

CREATE

1. Make a Slideshow showing your pictures of you making ice cream and add the questions and your answers. Make sure you follow the Scientific method you learned about.

SHARE

1. Blog your Google slides making sure you write a paragraph about your findings. 




3 comments:

  1. Dear Room 5,

    I am so excited to see that you are blogging as part of Mrs Middleton's 'Winter Learning Journey' programme! I can't wait to read all of your awesome work and to follow your learning as you make your way through all of the cool activities in each of the three themes. As a former science teacher, I am particularly excited to see that there is an entire theme dedicated to 'Acting Like a Scientist.'

    Best of luck!!

    Warmest regards,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia Alexander-Crawford24 July 2018 at 12:55

    Kia Ora Room 5,

    My name is Georgia and I was a Manager for the Summer Learning Journey 2017. Rachel has informed me that you created a 'Winter Learning Journey'. What an awesome idea!

    I especially love the library activity. Did everyone finish their books? I love going to the library but I am always too optimistic and get more books than I can read! I am currently studying at the Victoria University of Wellington and have to read lots of textbooks for my classes - I definitely prefer reading adventure books though.

    Hope you're all having a great first week back at school!

    Nga mihi
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Saint Pius!
    My name is Charlie from Wainui Beach School,in Gisborne. I think the names of your winter learning journey are PHENOMENAL. The: Read to succeed, Write to excite both rhyme so they sound cool. If I could do one of the topics I would do the: Act like a scientist one because I love ice cream. But, I wonder, what is google classroom? Anyway, Overall it was an amazing post, see you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.