Friday 2 February 2018

Lady of Fatima statue visit

 

St Pius X school was blessed by the visit of the Lady of Fatima statue. The whole school had a liturgy honouring and praising our Lady of Fatima, the mother Mary.

Room 5 posed in front of the statue and then wrote a recount of their personal experience of the event.

This is the recount of one of the students, Patience Maketesa.

Meet the mother Mary

I was very excited to see the statue and the sisters. The sisters were all wearing a dark blue and the statue was wearing white.

As we were saying the rosary my voice got tired and I lost my breath I couldn't talk or say the prayers as much because the prayers were so long!

When I came up close to see mother Mary I thought she was beautiful. Her cheeks were as pink as a rose, her crown was as bright as the sun and her clothing as white as a dove.

I think that Mother Mary looks real because her skin looks very smooth.

At the end each class took a photo with the statue with our rosaries and prayer cards. That was my favourite part of the visit.

That was a very fun experience meeting they Fatima statue, I hope I get to see her soon.

If you are interested in finding out more you can click on the extract below to read further about the tour of the statue and how it was organised.

"On January 11, Pope Francis blessed six statues of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and conferred upon them the title of “International Centennial Pilgrim Image of Our Lady of Fatima.” Each of these pilgrim images have since been sent from the Eternal City to a continent, where their pilgrimage will be focused."


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I like how you said how to look after you device. This slide reminds me of when I did my Kawa Of Care poster. Maybe next time you could think of one thing to do in one box and say everything about that one thing. Other wise good job!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.