Thursday 17 May 2018

Tamaki Soccer Tournament 16th May 2018

On Wednesday 16th May, Year 5 and 6 students from Room 5 took part in the Tamaki Cluster Football Tournament. They trained hard at lunch breaks with Mr Gaffney.

The highlight of their day was when they beat Panmure District School 4-1. They played 6 matches altogether.
The team lost the first match to Stonefields 2-0, which put them into the 2nd pool. However,  they recovered well and lost their last match to Point England 2-1 (The eventual winners).

Mr Gaffney was very proud of their sportsmanship and teamwork.

Well done Year 5 and 6 soccer players!





3 comments:

  1. Hi Mamaku 3,
    My name is Kya and I go to Wainui Beach School in Gisborne.
    That is a great picture of the soccer team. I remember when at WBS we entered a team in the Gisborne version of the Tamaki cluster football tournament, sadly it got cancelled because of bad weather! It looks like you've got a very strong team. I bet Mr Gaffney is a great coach! Sportsmanship and teamwork are very important in sport. Are there only 8 players in your team? Phenomenal Job Mamaku 3!
    From Kya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Room 5,
    My name is Daniel B and I go to WBS, Gisborne. Well Done on your Football Tournament. I like the sound of your games. It made me feel like I was there. This reminds me of a football tournament I competed in at my old school.Is football your school's favorite sport. Anyway thank you for making this blog Post. I hope to see more from you.
    Daniel B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi its Lani from Wainui Beach School Gisborne
    cool blog post because I love soccer its one of my favorite sports.
    My team represents my school, I'm A1 soccer grade Y5 and Y6s.
    The season is just ending my team is coming 3rd overall if my team wins on the game on Saturday we might make it into knock out and come in 2nd. We have 13 players on our team including subs. from Lani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.